CoinSmart – Crypto Exchange Review & Rating
CoinSmart has changed the landscape by making cryptocurrency accessible to Canadians, with all levels of crypto experience. By breaking down the barriers of complex and confusing crypto transactions, CoinSmart offers a simple trading interface, learning tools, and 24/7 client support. The platform features enterprise-grade security, cold wallet storage, and easily-generated tax-time reports.
- Web address: CoinSmart
- Main location: Toronto, Canada
- Mobile app available: No
- Is decentralized: No
- Parent Company: CoinSmart
- Transfer types: Bank Transfer, Crypto Transfer
- Supported pairs: 10
- Fees: Medium
- Designed to serve entry and pro level users alike
- Smart Guarantee feature is supposed to eliminates long waiting times for deposits, withdrawals and account verification.
- Offers more convenience to Canadian users, with deposit and withdrawals methods for Canadian nationals including interac e-transfer, bank transfer and wire
- SmartTrade supports direct trading between any coin and CAD
- Allows the users to save on conversion and transfer costs by circumventing the conversion fees for Canadian dollars (CAD) enforced by banks
- Learning tools offered as part of GetSmart program can help one get into trading more easily
- Simple trading interface paired with 24/7 customer support.
- Enterprise-grade and bank-level security, cold wallet storage and support for faster creation of tax-time reports.
At CoinSmart, security is presented as one a key building blocks on the platform’s path to establishing itself as a proven crypto trading solution. First of all, CoinSmart hopes to prevent frauds by implementing an identity verification process capable of recognizing fake addresses and dates of birth. This is achieved by having access to the databases shared by the data collection agencies. As a one-time protective measure, on the occasion of making one’s first fiat deposit, users are required to provide a selfie picture with a note containing a reference to “CoinSmart” and a current date and email it. After this, all withdrawals are to be processed within 24 hours.